Birth Year: Estimated 2005
Rescue Date: June 20, 2010
- Beautiful Breanna is thought to be a hybrid rhesus macaque/long-tailed macaque because she displays physical characteristics of both species.
- Her body shape, size, and tail length are more consistent with the rhesus macaque, while her hair color is more like that of a long-tailed macaque.
- Breanna has lived with several different monkeys during her time at the PRC, including current residents Caleb, Bob, Bubbles, Ciera, Zoe, Rainey, Dewey and Andi, and former resident Mighty.
- Breanna’s favorite foods are bananas, avocados, peanuts, grapes, and cherries.
- Breanna loves stuffed animals and blankets, and she enjoys grooming her companions.
- Breanna is often a very quiet monkey, but will vocalize when she sees and hears the chimps getting into a scuffle or any loud chimp group drama.
Birth Date: August 2010
Rescue Date: April 21, 2011
- Caleb is a different subspecies than PRC vervet monkeys Bob and Vernon, with a slightly more yellowish hair color, a darker brow ridge, and speckled facial skin. He is the same subspecies as new PRC resident Nikki.
- Caleb has the longest tail of any primate at the sanctuary!
- One of Caleb’s favorite enrichment items is his forage pool. He will stuff his pouches completely full of the hidden treats he finds until his cheeks are bulging.
- When Caleb was younger, he loved to play in the water. The caregivers would spray water on a slide in his enclosure and he would actually slide down it like a water slide!
- Caleb’s favorite foods are apples, bananas, popcorn and peanuts.