Birth Date: August 2005
Rescue Date: September 9, 2015
- Andi has a tattoo across his chest, given to him by an unknown laboratory which shows his birth month, year, and ID number.
- When Andi arrived at the sanctuary, he was severely emaciated and weighed only 9.7 pounds, compared to the average weight of a male monkey his age at 17 – 20 pounds.
- Andi is very tall, with reddish hair, a pale face, and a slightly curled tail. He is now maintaining a healthy weight.
- Andi exhibits signs of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder commonly found amongst animals who have lived through highly traumatic situations.
- Andi is a very sweet boy who loves to observe his surroundings and fellow primate residents. We have noticed that Andi especially loves to watch his chimp neighbors from his enclosure and seems to enjoy seeing Martina most of all, sometimes even lip smacking in her direction.
- Andi’s favorite toy is a large stuffed animal monkey. He carries it around his enclosure and likes to have it nearby wherever he goes.
- Andi’s favorite foods are spinach, avocado, and yogurt.
- Andi is very camera shy and rarely allows caregivers to snap a photo of him.
- Andi spent a few months living with current PRC resident Breanna, but because of a lack of interaction between the two, Breanna was relocated to a different group. Now, he has a chance to make a new friend in Sissy.
Birth Year: Estimated 2004
Rescue Date: September 23, 2019
- Sissy was rescued from Lawrenceburg, KY. Sissy’s owner decided to transfer Sissy’s care to the PRC in the late fall of 2019.
- Sissy is a very vocal and sweet gal who loves the sunshine and chatting with her monkey neighbors.
- She snuggles with a small stuffed animal gorilla and really likes blankets and squeaky toys.
- She greets her caregivers with an eyebrow raise and soft grunts.
- Her favorite foods are bananas, peaches, and chow.