Birth Date: June 2013
Rescue Date: September 24, 2013
- Carlos is the youngest monkey the sanctuary has ever rescued – he arrived when he was only 14 weeks old.
- When Carlos was a baby, his PRC surrogate parents were Dewey (current resident) and Crunchy (former resident), then later he was parented by Luke (current resident).
- Carlos retained his small stature for much longer than many of the long-tailed macaques, possibly due to his early life before sanctuary, but has finally grown to look more like other adult males of his species.
- Carlos loves to splash in his water pool and fish for sunken treats.
- His favorite foods are blueberries, bananas, strawberries, and sweet potato.
Birth Year: Estimated 2009
Rescue Date: July 10, 2018
- When Opal arrived at the sanctuary, she was overweight and in need of a healthier lifestyle. She has since lost some of her weight and increased her activity level through climbing and foraging behaviors. Caregivers design the enclosure structures with Opal’s health in mind, creating obstacles and higher basket perches to increase her activity level.
- Opal is a very sweet, friendly girl who made quick friends with former resident Jax after having spent many years with no companion in a private home.
- Opal is very photogenic and comfortable having her photograph taken and will sit very still as caregivers snap a shot of her beautiful self.
- Opal loves enrichment, new toys, blankets, and grooming her pal Zoe.
- Opal’s favorite foods are bananas, apples, sweet potatoes, and broccoli
Birth Year: Estimated 1996
Rescue Date: January 25, 2001
- Zoe is a small monkey with a generous beard and tufts of hair surrounding her face.
- Although Zoe has come a long way in her recovery from life as a pet, she still exhibits some abnormal behaviors such as rocking, slapping her feet, and biting blankets or stuffed animals when she is feeling overwhelmed.
- Zoe’s time with monkey companions has been the most beneficial and healing for her, as she has learned what it is like to belong to a real family
- Zoe is a very sweet girl and enjoys grooming her companions and sleeping snuggled up with her friend Opal.
- Zoe has lived with several different monkeys during her time at the sanctuary, including current residents Opal, Breanna, Maddie, Bubbles, Dewey, and Ciera, and former residents Gizmo, Stinky, Nina, Toby, Tonya, and Jax.
- Zoe’s favorite activities are foraging through straw nests, munching on honeysuckle browse, and enjoying tasty frozen treats. Her favorite foods are bananas, apples, pistachios, grapes, and melon.