Enrichment Workshop for Volunteer Groups
What to Expect
- During a Group Volunteer Enrichment Workshop, group members will be given a brief tour of the sanctuary to learn more about the history of the sanctuary, some of the primate residents’ rescue and recovery stories, the plight of primates in the pet trade, entertainment industry and laboratory setting, and the day-to-day routine at the sanctuary.
- Groups will then have time to create interesting and fun enrichment items for the primates while observing primates from a safe distance.
- Then we wrap up the workshop with an opportunity to shop our pop-up gift shop!
- Workshops may be scheduled in the morning (9:30am – 12:pm) or afternoon (2:00pm – 4:30pm), depending on availability. Workshops are subject to rescheduling due to inclement weather.
- One person in the group is required to be the Group Manager and is responsible for all communication between sanctuary staff and the group to plan the visit.
- All application documents must be received by the PRC Volunteer Program Coordinator from the Group Manager at least 1 month prior to the requested workshop date. Application documents can be mailed to the sanctuary, or emailed to the volunteer program coordinator at email@example.com.
- Group size must be between 5 and 15 people total.
- A parent or guardian must accompany any group member between the ages of 12 and 17. Children under 12 years old are not allowed to volunteer on-site. No exceptions. Total group size, including accompanying parents or guardians, must not exceed 15 people.
- All volunteer groups are asked to make a $200 donation to cover the cost of the enrichment materials and staff support. The donation must be received by the PRC at least 2 weeks prior to the planned visit. Donations paid by check can be mailed to the PRC, or donations can be made through our website’s Donate page.
- All groups should plan to carpool to the best of their ability, as we have limited parking.
- Groups MUST adhere to all PRC rules and safety policies, and should be respectful of all sanctuary staff, volunteers, interns, and animal residents.
- Inappropriate behavior or disregard of PRC rules and safety policies by any one member of the group will result in the entire group being asked to leave the sanctuary immediately.
How to Apply
- Group Managers must request an application by filling out the application request form below. The Volunteer Program Coordinator will contact you within 5 to 7 days after receiving your application request.
- Once the Group Manager receives the application packet, they must then complete the entire application which includes:
- Completed Group Application
- Signed and dated PRC Rules and Safety Policies for Volunteer Groups for each group member.
- Signed and dated Waiver and Release of Liability for Activities at the Primate Rescue Center for each group member.
- Signed and dated Primate Physical Contact and Feeding Policy Agreement for each group member.
- Photocopy or scanned copy of the Group Manager’s driver’s license
- All application documents must be received by the PRC Volunteer Program Coordinator from the Group Manager at least 1 month prior to the requested workshop date. Application documents can be mailed to the sanctuary, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enrichment Workshop Application Request Form
Please complete all sections of the application request form as accurately as possible. We look forward to hearing from you!